Friday, September 02, 2005

Is It Just Me, Or Is Everyone Crazy?

It can't just be me. My fellow 1Ls are totally actually crazy. At least a majority of them, anyway. We have had exactly five days of class, and I am already overhearing people in my section saying things like "I spent four hours writing briefs yesterday!" and "I couldn't go out last night, I had so much work to do." Um, guys, we had three cases to read for today. It might have totaled 12 pages, maximum. I'm not saying it's easy or that it won't take a while to get the hang of it, but we got out of class at 3:30. What could have possibly been so time consuming that you wouldn't have been done in time for dinner?

Also, don't tell anyone, because I know it's my obligation as a stressed-out 1L to complain about how much I loathe law school and how difficult it is, but so far, I really like it. This is probably an obvious indication that it was only the first week of class, that the work has not begun piling up yet, and that I have not been humiliated in class so far. I'll let you know when I'm kicking myself for speaking too soon.

There is, of course, another possibility. That is that I'm not smart enough to have realized already how hard it is. I would definitely not rule that one out just yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home